Skill level: Intermediate
Fabric: Knit Fabrics: 50% 4 way stretch, Midweight fabrics.
Size: Paper pattern is also offered in sizes 0 to 18 (B-cup) and 12 to 30 (D-cup). Both size ranges are included in your purchase.
The Elio Top is a fitted knit top with a faux wrap silhouette. The neckline is finished with narrow elastic that allows the bodices to lay flush against the body. The hem is finished with optional fold over elastic so that it creates a smooth fit under high-waisted pants and skirts. Three sleeve lengths (cap, elbow, and long) make this design ideal for year-round wear.
This product is a sewing pattern intended to be used by the home sewist.
- Paper pattern is also offered in sizes 0 to 18 (B-cup) and 12 to 30 (D-cup). Both size ranges are included in your purchase.
- Includes tiled print-at-home file (19 pages for the B-cup size range and 26 pages for the D-cup size range).
- Also includes an A0 copy shop file (one sheet for the B-cup size range and two sheets for the D-cup size range) and US copy shop files (36" by 40" for the B-cup size range and 36" x 54" for the D-cup size range.
- 3/8" seam allowances and 3/4" hem allowances included.
- Step-by-step instructions with illustrations.
- Well suited for the intermediate sewist.
- Mid-weight, stable knit fabrics with lots of stretch and recovery. Cotton/spandex fabric is ideal. Fabric should have at least 50% four way stretch. Fabrics weighing 9 to 12 ounces per square yard are recommended Lightweight knit fabrics are not recommended for this design.
- 2 yards of 3/8" (1 cm) elastic (for wrap bodices)
- 2 yards of 5/8" (1.5 cm) fold over elastic (for hem, optional)
- 1.5 yards of 3/8" (1 cm) clear elastic (to stabilize side seams)
- Coordinating thread