Sewing Notion: Pellon PLF36 Fusible Interfacing Ultra Light 15" x 3 yards- 1 pack
Basic Fusible Interfacing for Lightweight Fabrics 15in x 3yds
Pellon® PLF36 Fusible Interfacing is an ultra lightweight interfacing for light to medium-weight fabrics. It is great for wovens, knits, blouses, and sheer garments. It is excellent for use with crepe de chine, voile, and handkerchief linen fabrics. It can also be used for stabilization of quilting projects.
Packaged size: 15″ x 3yds (38.1cm x 2.7m)
Ultra lightweight fusible interfacing
Best for use with light to medium-weight fabrics
Sewing machine safe
Machine wash warm. Tumble dry low or dry clean.
1. Pin pattern piece to interfacing following grainline arrows and cut.
2. Trim seam allowances to 1/4″.
3. Place fusible side of Pellon® against wrong side of fabric.
4. Pin, then steam-baste along edges with tip of iron. Remove pins.
5. Set iron on Low-Permanent Press setting. (Use steam iron with metal sole plate. Hand-held steamers will not permanently bond interfacing to fabric.)
6. Cover with a damp press cloth and press down firmly for 10 seconds.
7. Repeat, lifting and slightly overlapping iron until all interfacing is fused.
8. Steam press on right side.
9. Let fabric cool, then check bond.
There is no pre-shrinking required. Always pre-test with a swatch of fabric to make sure it is compatible with the fusible. Fusing is not recommended for triacitate, lace, seersucker, or rainwear.
Use your damp press cloth as a temperature and timing guide. After 10-15 seconds, press cloth should be dry. If not, raise iron temperature or hold iron in place a few seconds longer.